1) In case of Fast Breeder Reactors, Indira Gandhi center for research published largest number of successful research papers in 2005 and 2006 not done so far by any single institute in the world.
2) In case of Pressurised Heavy water reactors - 55% of papers in 2006 were from India.
3) India has exported 4,400 kg of nuclear-grade heavy water exported to a US firm recently.
4) Two orders received for 11 tonnes and 4.6 tonnes of heavy water
5) Higher demand foreseen for ‘superior purity’ of Indian product
6) US and South Korea have placed orders worth millions of dollars
Where India lags behind is the size and capacity of reactors. While US and Germany have 700MWe and 1000 MWe generation capacity per reactor, India has 220 MWe. But once the deal is cleared India will be on par with the world because of continuous uranium supply.
With India highly expertized in Heavy Water Reactors will now work in tandem with French companies to enhance their reactors in return for fuel to us.
This is the way to go!!!
Ref: CLICK HERE